Monitoring and reducing CO2 emissions in line with environmental legislation is now a mandate for many UK companies.
Under this legislation, organisations may be required to:
- Pay penalties for high CO2 emissions, on top of energy costs.
- Report CO2 emissions, requiring increased administration.
- Deal with negative publicity when CO2 performance is made public.
Key environmental legislation includes:
- Carbon Reduction Commitment (CRC)
- Mandatory Carbon Reporting
- Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)
- Display Energy Certificates (DECs)
However, environmental legislation can also represent an opportunity to run a more efficient, low-carbon site.
There are simple ways to reduce your organisation’s burden under environmental legislation: