The Environment Agency (EA) has altered some key elements of its ESOS efficiency scheme. Here’s the lowdown.
1) Companies affected by ESOS will be given an extension until January 29, 2016 to become fully ESOS compliant, as long as they’ve notified the EA by December 5, 2015, that they are going to be late.
2) To do so, companies which cannot comply by December 5, 2015, must inform the EA using an online portal.
3) In terms of penalties, they will only be handed out in the worst cases of non compliance, 3 months after January 29, 2016.
4) Companies which are using ISO50001 to comply with ESOS will now have until June 30, 2016, to comply.
5) Companies that make a late notification must still maintain records of their work towards ESOS compliance, including appointment of a lead assessor, prior to the deadline.
To find out about our post-ESOS services click here.